7711 E Greenway Rd #101 Scottsdale Az 85260
What is Fascia?
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia
- Healthy circulation of your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia
- There is NO medication that can improve your fascia
- There is NO supplement that can optimize your fascia
- Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align and improve your fascia
"your fascia reacts to all stress - physical, mental and emotional - by tightening & stiffening. Since fascia covers everything from all of your organs to the circulatory system to the brain & nervous system to the musculoskeletal system and more, your whole body is at risk to react to stress by tightening & stiffening.
when your fascia is left unattended, aging of the body, mind & spirit accelerates, function decreases & quality of life deteriorates"
Effects of Untreated Fascia:
- Decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis & more
- Increased muscle tone (tightness) can lead to trigger points, strains, tendinitis, tears & more
- Increased nervous tissue tone (tightness) can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & pain
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow
- Decreased energy
- Increased fatigue
Free of low back pain
What causes Fascia to get tight?
- #1 cause is Dehydration
- Physical and Emotional Stress of any kind
- Injuries; falling, car wrecks or sport injuries
- Excessive Sitting - 5 hours or more per day
- Under-use; being sedentary due to injury, surgery, not exercising...etc
- Over-use; playing sports, excessive exercising
- Repetitive movements; typing, writing, doing the same exercises, throwing, kicking...etc
How often do I need to Stretch?
Every day of every month forever!!!
This may seem a bit extreme for some but when you realize that everyday the human body is constantly changing and adapting to the physical and emotional stresses of daily life as well as constantly contracting and relaxing muscles and tissue as we move and breath. It just makes sense and seems right that we help our body stay loose and limber so it can function and perform at it's best everyday.
This does not mean you have to stretch for 1 hour every day.
It means that you and myself included need to do something daily to stay loose and there are a lot of tools available to help achieve this.
- Foam rollers
- Miracle ball
- Stretch straps
- Massage devices
- Myofascial release devices
Are there other professionals?
There are many different kinds of services that can help with flexibility such as;
As well as a few different kinds of stretching techniques;
- FST (Fascial Stretch Therapy) which is what I do
- ART (Active Release Technique)
- AIS (Active Isolated Stretching)
How many times a week would I have to come in for Fascial Stretch Therapy?
free of muscle pain using Fascial Stretch Therapy
- I have some clients that travel a lot and when they are in town we stretch 2-4 times in 1 week.
- Then I have clients that come in 2x month and those that come in 6x month.
- It all depends on your current physical state and/or symptoms you have and what your schedule will allow.
- I recommend that clients come in at least 1x week while following a home stretching program for best results.